Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Kid is home from NY

My kid is home. I sent her to NY with her grandmother and aunt on a roadtrip so she could visit her late fathers family.  She got to visit with her half brother and cousins and had a good weekend.  I'm glad she is home, her step dad is glad she is home and most of all the cat is glad she is home.  My brother who is staying with us is not so glad she is home, he loses his spot in the bedroom and now has been subjugated to the couch once again.  After the remodel on the upstairs he will have a normal bed to sleep in again. 
We need to have a yard sale and get rid of all the stuff that the kid doesn't want and all the stuff that I don't want to haul back upstairs.  You see this is the opportunity to give her the grown up room that she deserves with matching real furniture and not just pieced together remnants of youth.  New bed, new dresser and accessories that will go along with the new floor, new rug, new bathroom and new window.  I'm glad it is getting done and can't wait to move my office back upstairs so I won't have to work off of my laptop on my bed anymore or the desktop in the tiny little hole in the wall where there is no room for me to spread out my work and get things done. 
As for Papercut Rantings this time - if you don't fully understand the meaning behind the Title I chose it because if you go back to my original post you might understand.  We live in an environment steeped in abundance, waste and desire...in a world where just a handful of people control the majority of the wealth...I feel that we complain too much about the stupidest things when comparatively speaking we have more than anyone human being could need.  That being said, I would like to extend many thanks to all the Service People who risk their lives to ensure the Freedoms we take for granted in this great country we call America.  HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! and God Bless not just America - but everywhere in this world where Peace, Tolerance, Acceptance and Good hearted people are grateful for their abundances.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts from my very forward thinking daughter. Happy fourth to you too

    ReplyDelete